Monday, February 7, 2011

Shroomin'

As a personal celebration for my Pink Hedgehog card winning Freshly Brewed Designs Challenge #32 (Thanks so much!), I decided to make something really wild with the image I chose as my prize. I love all of FBD's stamps, but I just had to get my hands on the groovy Mirror Mushroom digi from their "Alice in Wonderland" series. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I'd be making little clay mushrooms!


I was inspired by the current Delicious Doodle, and the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge to use "something you add water to, or water has been added," and I hardly need an excuse to pull out my spray inks and watercolor pencils! I wanted to play with the green made by mixing yellow and blue inks again, so I cut a couple of borders with a PaperFacesDesign cut file and used them as masks to make some patterned paper. I went ahead and used the well-coated borders so the front and inside. While my tiny clay mushrooms were cooking, I threw together a little "Groovy" sentiment.
Digi stamp: Mirror Mushroom by Freshly Brewed Designs
Cut file: Flower Border by PaperFacesDesigns

Inspiration:
Delicious Doodles Challenge #11
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight: Water

Supplies: Hammermill, ColorBok, and Recollections cardstocks, Tattered Angels glitter mist, Inkadinkado spray ink, Fiskars papercutter, corner punch, and scallop scissors, Loew-Cornell watercolor pencils, MS detailing scissors, Sculpey polymer clay, Cricut & SCAL, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Frosty font (all caps)

3 comments:

  1. wow great card a lot of work and so different thanks for entering it at crafty cardmakers blog
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked card,love the little Mushroom's..
    Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog!! Hugs!..Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff hun! Fab take on our sketch at Delicious Doodles this week! Many thanks for playing along.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.