Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dancin' and Twirlin''

I'm not sure exactly what it is I've been accomplishing, but I've been fairly busy this week. Between things, I've worked on this festive card. I really wanted to try the Scrapmaster's Paradise Combo of Perfect Plum, River Rock and Melon Mambo, or whatever version I could make with my stash paper & copics! I actually spent a fair amount of time working on flowers for this week's theme at Delightful Challenges, but I just wasn't feeling it I guess, so I ended up making very simple "bursts" with tulle. I'm not sure how much they resemble flowers, but I did make this card with that challenge in mind so I'm gonna enter it anyway.

I've wanted to make a Center Step card ever since seeing Jeannie's beautiful version, so I finally took some time and followed her link to the super instructions at Creative Moments with Sandy.

I've had lots of fun of making Penny Slider (or Spinner) cards, so I was really excited to see instructions for the even easier Penny Rocker (or Tilting) card in Quick Cards Issue #82. I found some instructions on Splitcoaststampers (of course), and you should really check out their hula skirt idea! It's not like this card needed one more thing, but this adorable digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil just had to move!

The red corn-husk calla lilies in the background are from Puerto PeƱasco, Mexico, and I hope someday to get some for crafting.

Inspiration:
SPCC #93: Perfect Plum, River Rock, Melon Mambo
Delightful Challenges: Flowers

Digi stamp: Rosa by Mo Manning

Supplies: Brazzill and Core'dinations cardstocks, XpressPress Copic paper, Martha Stewart border punch and detailing scissors, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Concord), ZipDry glue, tulle, pop-dots, and, of course, two cents
Copics: E17, E52, E31, E33, RV21, E51, E000, E11, E50, BV00, V06, BV04, RV04, RV29

2 comments:

  1. ur style is very unique I love it, and how creative ur older post too.wow.Very welcome in my blog.Its another grt day for me which you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cute card! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.