Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Grand Give-A-Way: Accordion/Spring Break Tag

It's day 4 of the Tim Times Ten Grand Give-A-Way Challenge at the Stampin' Dymonz blog, and I love love love the recipe:
  • Theme: Spring/Spring Break fun, sun, and activities
  • use one piece of cardstock to create a 4-paneled accordion tag
  • one cut-out word which has had its edges inked
The mini brag-tag made by Dymonz is so cute that I pretty much scraplifted her idea! Seemed like a perfect opportunity to use some of the photos I snapped recently.

I did cut the accordion tag with SCAL/Cricut, but I didn't want to try to cut out letters...my machine's been a little touchy recently. It was also a great opportunity to use the flourish-alphabet stamp set Mom just sent (with no label). I white-embossed the letters, cut them out by hand, and edged them with my Yellow-Green Copic.

I used my favorite striped glitter paper from Heidi Grace Designs for the inside, and a piece from my good ol' DCWV Butterfly Stack. The green is a distressed, textured piece of Core'dinations. Plus, it has a color core! I did edge everything with the same Yellow-Green, and as you can see I love my deckle scissors!
In the photo on the far-right, they're actually waiting for my husband to come home. This starts about 4:30 everyday...lots of love in our house!
I picked a couple of buttercups (or what I call buttercups) from the yard...I love how they have a permanent gloss to them, and I tried to recreate that with these little stamped flowers (with a stamp from my stash): I stamped it in Dandelion, oddly enough, and filled in the details with my watermark pen & heat-embossed it in clear yellow.

Okay, bring on tomorrow's tag!

6 comments:

  1. Love all of your colors..Really depicts spring...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I know our fur animals have that instinct of knowing when we should be home. Gotta love em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice tag and Congrats on the chllenge win

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag...congrats on winning the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.