Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Way too much fun

So this week's Stampin' Dymonz challenge is "credit card painting," which I'd never heard of and now really adore. I haven't really touched art paints since high school (which would be 15+ years ago...crap!) so I went to the local craft store and bought some cheap-o acrylic paints so that I could play. I always get overwhelmed by the choices, so I asked my fabulous husband to help choose the colors (he has a real color-sense!) and between that and my being sorta hungry, I ended up with Plum, Pure Pumpkin and Apple Tart.

The challenge is to use 3 colors plus a metallic paint, so I used Frost (silvery-blue) glimmer mist. I poured the liquid onto the paper just like I did the paint...it works great, but is VERY messy and you need to work fast! A heat tool was helpful too.


I made three sheets over the past week...I forgot to flatten them, so I clipped them onto this lace curtain...you get the idea.

Here's the one I'm entering into the challenge:

I used the tutorial at Go Make Something, and was very very much inspired by all the ladies who participated in this challenge (including the hostess!).

Supplies: stamp from StudioG, Hammermill white cardstock, Memento ink, CraftSmart acrylic paints, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, AARP card (sigh.)

7 comments:

  1. Love the color combination! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina I love your backgrounds! And the one you submitted for the challenge is adorable. Isn't it easy to get hooked on this? I can just see the things I'll be creating with this new technique added to my arsenal. And I know you ain't fussing about being out of high school for only 15 years -- I got you beat at 27+. When you get there, then you can fuss LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look spectacular as decorations on your curtains, j/k.
    Love your colour choices. Thanks for sharing these with us at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I love the color purple and it's so cool that we can see your designs as well. This is starting to intrigue me - I'll have to try it! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool colors...love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous papers!! I especially LOVE the one that you entered in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really it is fun,very creative, I like any images of your candy to keep in my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.