Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday Shadow-box Card

I had so much fun making my Charlie Chaplin-esque Shadowbox card that I turned right around and made another, inspired by the freebie challenge at CDAC/A Day for Daisies and the Birthdays theme at iCopic.

I also used up some punch-fruits I had left over from my Picnic card. As you can see in the close-up on the right, the cherries are glazed with Glossy Accents and the stem is two-tone baker's twine.

The challenge at A Day for Daisies is to celebrate reaching 300 members on CDAC (congrats! I'm one of them!) They're offering 3 freebies to choose from; the only requirement is that you share whatever you make with the freebie you grab. I couldn't resist playing with this lovely Happy Birthday Tower; the message cards come blank, so I added text & fills myself. This is fairly easy to do, especially with the help of the wonderfully comprehensive Digital Paper Piecing tutorial at Snappy Stampin' with Arielle.

Inspiration:
A Day for Daisies CDAC 300 Member Party
iCopic Weekly Challenge #38: All About Birthdays
Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Cardmaking Group: Shadowbox card

Shadowbox Card tutorial: Splitcoast Stampers
Digital Paper Piecing tutorial Snappy Stampin' with Arielle

Stamps: Happy Birthday Tower digi by A Day for Daisies, Hampden Art, Inkadinkado, StudioG, pile of gold (for strawberry seeds) from Lucky Day set by SP & Company
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill, Colorbök
Tools: Marvy heat tool, Fiskars papercutter & deckle scissors, MS detail scissors, HP printer & ink, Adobe InDesign, Recollections punches, EK Success corner punch
Other: ZipDry glue, Versamark & Memento inks, Sakura & AtYou Spica gel pens, Copics, Offray ribbon, Stampendous embossing powder, Glossy Accents, Pink Paislee bakers twine

1 comment:

  1. Love it, C!! Thanks so much for playing along at iCopic this week!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.