Saturday, July 2, 2011

Love you with Cherry Cake on the side

We picked up red and yellow cherries at the Waverly Farmers Market, and I used some to make one of my favorite cakes from Smitten Kitchen. You can use whatever fruit you want, as long as you drain any excess liquid. I'm pretty sure I spent more time pitting the cherries than making this card! For me, pitting cherries is a huge sign of devotion. So I figured I'd make a card for my husband (and for a few challenges, why not) to go along with the cake:

I used half wheat flour and half brown sugar, so it's not a particularly sweet cake, but we can always add something sweet, like ice cream! The heart-punch cherries are coated with Glossy Accents with little rope stems. I copper-embossed the heart brad.

Inspiration:
Mojo Monday #197: Square Sketch
Craft Your Passion #64: Seeing Red
Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Off the Page Group: Polymer Clay
Divas by Design #5: Punches

Tutorials:
Polymer Clay Mosaic Tiles at Art Bliss

Stamps: Cling Cupcake XL by Stampendous, sentiment by Hampden Art
Paper:
Recollections (metallic, plain, kraft), glittered Core'dinations
Tools:
HP printer & ink, Marvy heat tool, Fiskars papercutter, Recollections heart & border punches
Other: ZipDry glue,
ZING embossing powder (thank you Dymonz!), Versamark ink, Sakura GellyRoll pens, brad from stash, Glossy Accents, Sculpey polymer clay, stash craft rope
Copics:
YG67, R37, R59

3 comments:

  1. Nommy! that cake looks gorgeous & that really was a labour of love!!

    Fab card hun love the border punch!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's a big softie, then? What a romantic gesture.....just too lovely....the cherries AND the card, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, looks like a scrummy cake and the card is lovely too! Love the cupcake image and hearts around the edge. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.