Sunday, September 4, 2011

All Spruced Up

I found this cute Winter Sprig digi at MelJen's Designs, and just had to use it right away for their "No Patterned Paper" challenge. Of course, in retrospect I hope that stamping onto the plain paper counts as not patterned... Anyhoo, I decided to use the digi for the Fancy Shmancy Challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.


The idea is to use a new-to-you folding technique, so I chose a Free Standing Pop-Up Card, which is one of their suggestions as well as something I've been wanting to try since seeing it on the Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Cardmaking Group discussion board (SDSS). It really is easy.

Speaking of SDSS, I'm hosting a "Shrink Plastic" theme for the Off the Page group, so I just had to try the printable shrink plastic I bought (Huzzah for the 50% coupon!). I printed the heart at 3x the size of my original, punched and hole in the top and colored it after shrinking with my heat tool. The twine is glued atop the main image, but the charm used swing a bit.

Inspiration:
MelJen's Designs Challenge #74: No Patterned Paper
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Fancy Shmancy (try a new folding technique)
Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Cardmaking Group

Free Standing Pop-Up Card tutorial: Splitcoast Stampers

Stamps: Winter Sprig digi by MelJen's Designs, Tim Holtz, Stampin' Up!
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill
Tools: Crop-O-Dile, SCAL & Cricut, EK Success corner punch, Marvy heat tool
Other: ZipDry glue, Stampendous embossing powder, Versamark & Tim Holtz inks, Celebrate It! ribbon, We R Memory Keepers baker's twine, stash brad & eyelet, shrink plastis
Copics: 100, B0000, B00, BG10, R37, R27

7 comments:

  1. Hi. How fabulous. Love the design and your colours, so cute. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heart and the tree. I missed making this card style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this? Simply adorable, and I love those cool colours....lovely project, there, Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty creation dear. I like the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute! I love the fold, love the colours and love that image! Thanks for playing along with CSAYL this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This type of card is in my to do list too-- it looks lovely indeed

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO cute! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Christmas Stampin All Year Long :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.