Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gamer-style

I've wanted to make the Game Controller card from Bird's Cards since she posted it back in July, but I finally got around to it! I used the svg cut files, although I did enlarge the card portion.



I cut the controller & pieces on a shiny black Core'Dinations cardstock, and sanded it to give it some dimension. I cut the small buttons on white and colored them with Copics. The sentiment (Hero Arts, I think) was heat-embossed in metallic silver (ZING).

I generated the sentiment for the inside in Bubbledot ICG Coarse Positive, and added the border with a silver gel pen.


Although I made this card with the intention of giving it to a man, there's certainly no reason this couldn't be for a female gamer!

Inspiration/Challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 86: Masculine Birthday Featuring Technology or a Gadget
Eclectic Ellapu: Birthdays
Robyn's Fetish: Birthday Cards


Update: I was a prize winner for Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 86! I was truly inspired by the theme and never would have made this card otherwise.


Thank you for visiting,

7 comments:

Helen said...

what a great card! it look so real.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic idea for a mans card. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Marie said...

This is super cool! a brilliant card for a gamer. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Suze Bain said...

This is fab. Just perfect for a gaming boy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Patricia said...

Wow! this awesome. I might have to make one of those for my gaming guys. Thanks for joining us at Electic Ellapu this week.

Лілюська-Lilia said...

Great idea, looks fabulous!! Thank you for joining Robyn's Fetish Challenge! Lilia DT

Rebecca said...

Love this- so would my hubby!
Thanks for playing along with my masculine theme at craft cardmakers challenge this week.

Rebecca x

http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/